To be eligible for membership you are required to:
Have 30 consecutive days of sobriety; (N/A for Al-Anon)
Adhere to 24TH Street’s Rules for Membership
Understand if you relapse your account will be placed on inactive status and your Key Card deactivated. Another 30 days of sobriety will have to be reestablished for membership consideration; (N/A for Al-Anon)
A member in good standing is defined as a member who has registered for membership with the Club and pays dues in full upon receipt of invoice.
Dues are owed and payable upon receipt of invoice.
Members must provide a valid email address for Club communication, which includes invoices. 24th Street does not use postal service for Club communication. Alternative arrangements may be available in special circumstances; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please add “email@example.com” to your email address book to prevent our email going to Junk/Spam.
After ninety (90) days of nonpayment of dues, your account is considered overdue and your account will be placed on inactive status and your Key Card deactivated. You may reapply for membership thirty (30) days after your past due balance has been paid in full by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No partial payments will be accepted.
Members are responsible for adhering to published House and Ground Rules of the Club (listed in Section D of this document). Failure to do so may result in ejection from the Club and a 30-day membership suspension (unpaid).
Additional violations committed while membership is suspended will result in revocation of membership. Members may apply for reinstatement after 90 days.
Flagrant violations of the published House and Ground Rules, as determined by the Board of Directors, may result in immediate ejection from the club and Key Card deactivation.
Guests must be accompanied by a club member at all times while in the members-only portions of the Clubhouse. Guests left unescorted may be asked to leave the members-only portions of the Clubhouse.
Members are responsible for ensuring their guests adhere to the published House and Ground Rules of the Club. Failure to so may result in the guest’s ejection from the Club and a 30-day membership suspension for the member. Additional violations committed during membership suspension will result in revocation of membership. Members may apply for reinstatement after 90 days.
Guests of members are not allowed to bring additional visitors into the Club.
Members may bring a non-member sponsee into the Members’ Only room for step work only. Social visits with non-members in the Members’ Only room is prohibited.
Members may bring a non-member into the members-only portions of the clubhouse one time for the purpose of viewing the facilities.
Individuals whose memberships have been terminated for misconduct or nonpayment of dues cannot be admitted as guests.
D. Club House and Ground Rules
1. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs allowed on premises.
2. No vulgarity. Obscene language or actions will not be allowed
3. No fighting, violent actions or altercations are allowed on the premises. Anyone involved in this type situation will be barred from the Club for a period of 30 days, 90 days, 6 months, or for life depending on the severity of the situation The time period will be decided by the 24th Street, Inc. Board of Directors.
4. No gambling.
5. No solicitation other than for club activities or notices placed on the bulletin board — Panhandling will not be tolerated.
6. No children under 12 years old can be left unattended anywhere on the club premises.
7. No pets are allowed inside the building.
8. No vehicles are to be left in the parking lot for more than 24 hours without special permission from the Board of Directors. Violators will pay towing charges.
9. No parking in handicapped spaces without a permit or special permission (temporary injury). No parking at any time in fire lanes. The violators will pay towing charges.
10. No major repairs to vehicles can be made in the parking lot — this includes changing oil or anything leaving dirt and grease.
11. No vehicles are to be washed in the parking lot.
12. Member Lounge doors are to remain locked at all times except on special occasions established by the Board of Directors. Do not prop doors open.
13. No Key Cards are to be loaned or given to non-members.
14. No unauthorized persons are allowed in the office except for official business.
15. No card playing with a regular “deck” of cards is allowed anywhere; gambling or not.
16. No unauthorized person shall change thermostats.
17. Dining tables are to be cleared by members, please cleanup after yourself.
18. Theft in any form shall immediately suspend membership and may be final after a hearing of the accused party by the board
19. Appropriate attire includes shirt and shoes. This is required.
20. The 24th Street, Inc. club address cannot be used as a personal mailing address.
21. No loitering in lobby or outside the club during meetings.